Coronavirus (COVID-19): On Business update
To thank our On Business Members for all your loyalty and support, we've taken steps to protect your membership during these challenging times.
Pick up points on flights, collect extra points
with credit cards and earn Avios for yourself.
Save by choosing money off selected flights
instead of earning points.
Earn more points per £1 as you move
through the three Tiers.
Enjoy your handpicked special
offers and bonuses.
Use your On Business Points on
upgrades and reward flights
See your earnings, savings and spending
with our simple online tool.
Earn points and the
savings will soon add up
Whatever the size of your business, we have three American Express Cards that offer accelerated rewards earn for you, your employees and your company.
The British Airways American Express® Accelerating Business Card offers new Cardmembers a Welcome Bonus of 30,000 Avios if you are approved and your business spends £5,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership¹. That's enough for one off-peak economy return flight from London to over 50 European destinations². Combining this with the tiered annual Avios bonuses and the day-to-day Avios earn rate and the annual spend bonus means if you spend £60,000 in your first year, you’ll earn 150,000 Avios. Enough for two World Traveller (economy) peak return flights to Dubai or New York, plus £1 per person*.
The British Airways American Express® Accelerating Business Card Representative 103.2% APR variable, annual fee applies.
- Collect at least 1 Avios for every £1 spent on purchases (up to 3 Avios).3
- Earn 2 On Business Points for every eligible £1 spent on qualified British Airways flights4 - that's double the standard earn.
- Additional Cards for employees let you view, consolidate and manage all your spend easily and simply. Spend on these Cards will earn both On Business Points and Avios too5.
- Enjoy the reassurance that comes with a suite of travel protection including Travel inconvenience and Travel Accident and 24/7 Global Assistance the world over6.
1. The 30,000 Avios Welcome Bonus is available to new Cardmembers. If you have held a British Airways American Express® Accelerating Business Card or any other American Express® Business Card within the last 12 months, you will not be eligible for this offer. The bonus Avios will be awarded when you spend a minimum of £5,000 on the Card Account within three months of Cardmembership. Interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of prepaid cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds or other types of credit, are not eligible towards the bonus. Cardmembership begins from Card approval. Your account must be in good standing at the line of earning the bonus. Please note, it can take up to one month for the bonus Avios to be awarded to your Account once you have met the required spend.
2. Reward flight bookings are subject to availability and taxes, fees and carrier charges apply. Prices correct as of January 2023. Reward Flight Savers are British Airways' best value reward flights. Reward Flight Saver offers customers great value flights with a low, flat fee to cover taxes, fees and carrier charges and a fixed Avios amount. To be eligible for Reward Flight Saver, you need to have collected at least one Avios in the past 12 months. If you are not eligible for Reward Flight Saver, you'll be shown the standard reward flight price instead with full taxes, fees and charges. Prices shown are Reward Flight Saver redemptions and based on off-peak return fares for World Traveller (long-haul economy). Standard Reward Flights will be the same Avios amount but full taxes, fees and charges will be payable. All Avios amounts quoted are correct as of November 2022. Reward flights are subject to availability. Other pricing options are available. To find out more about Reward Flights and/or Reward Flight Saver, visit ba.com.
3. For the British Airways American Express Accelerating Business Card you will be awarded 1.5 Avios for every eligible £1 spent and charged per transaction. Avios are not earned on interest, fees (including default fees), balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions treated as cash), loading of prepaid cards, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases or foreign exchange transactions; and any amounts that are subsequently re-credited to your Card Account by way of refunds or other types of credit. Please refer to full benefit terms and conditions associated with your Card Account for all eligibility criteria. For the British Airways American Express Corporate Card, you will be awarded 1 Avios for every £1 of eligible spend on the Card. For the British Airways American Express Corporate Card Plus, you will be awarded 1.5 Avios for every £1 of eligible spend on the Card and 3 Avios when you spend direct with British Airways. Avios will not accrue in respect of any cash withdrawals, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases, foreign exchange transactions or fees. Avios will accrue in respect of spending in each month provided your Account is not more than 60 days overdue. Avios will not accrue in respect of amounts which are subsequently re-credited to your Account because of refunds. Avios are issued and redeemed subject to British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions and will be reflected on your British Airways Executive Club account.
4. On Business Accelerator: Your Company will earn Two (2) On Business Points for every eligible £1 spent on qualifying flights directly with British Airways on the Card. For illustrative purposes, One (1) On Business Point comprises the additional earn for purchasing a qualifying flight with this Card Account (the Amex Accelerator), the other On Business Point is your base On Business Point earn. Please refer to full benefit terms and conditions associated with your Card Account for all benefit eligibility criteria. On Business Points are issued and redeemed subject to On Business Programme terms and conditions.
5. Additional Cards: Supplementary Cards allow you to share the benefits of your American Express Card with others in your business. You will be the main Cardmember and will be liable for all charges made on the Supplementary Card(s). Additional Cardmembers must be 18 years or over. Approval subject to status and Terms and Conditions apply.
6. Business Travel Insurance: Terms and conditions apply. Please see the Insurance Documentation of your Card for full details of the Protection benefits currently available to understand the limits and exclusions that may apply.
- British Airways American Express Corporate Card
- British Airways American Express Corporate Card Plus
- British Airways American Express Accelerating Business Card
Those in the know don't just collect points for their company when they fly, they collect Avios for themselves too.
If you'd like to join them, simply sign up to the Executive Club – it's free and open to anyone. After that you can start picking up Avios to spend on personal reward flights and upgrades.
Take advantage of our discounts
We understand that sometimes a quick cash discount on flights will suit your business better than collecting points. That's why we're the only programme to give you that option on selected flights when you book.
Just choose to earn points or get a discount when you make a booking.
Boost your earning power by moving up the Tiers
Once you've joined, you'll automatically enter Tier On1 of the On Business programme and progress through to Tiers On2 and On3 as you spend more on company travel. When you reach a new tier level, you'll be able to earn extra points for every £1 spent.
If you spend the amount needed to move up a tier within a year, you will go up there and then.
Just estimate how much your company spends on travel each year and see which tier you can achieve.
Spend £0 – £29,999 on annual company travel and earn 1 point per £1 spent.
You'll earn one return reward flight from Heathrow to New York in economy when you spend £9,000.
Spend £30,000 – £299,999 on annual company travel and earn 1 point per £1 spent plus a 25% tier bonus for every point earned (i.e. 1.25 points per £1).
You'll earn one return reward flight from Heathrow to New York in economy when you spend £7,200.
Spend £300,000 + on annual company travel and earn 1 point per £1 spent plus a 50% tier bonus for every point earned (i.e. 1.5 points per £1).
You'll earn one return reward flight from Heathrow to New York in economy when you spend £6,000.
Spend points on upgrades and reward flights
Great, you've earned points, now it's time to start saving by spending them. And because we know different companies have different needs, how you do this is entirely up to you.
- Spend them on reward flights, on a cabin upgrade, or on special offers.
- Spend them on American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia, giving you great service on an unrivalled network of flights.
- Spend points up to one day before travel, and make date and time changes to your reward flights. (We know how unpredictable business can be.)
- Start redeeming points as soon as you have enough for your chosen reward or upgrade.
You need to spend 9000 On Business points for a return reward flight from Heathrow to New York in economy.
You need to spend 2200 On Business points for a return reward flight from Heathrow to Paris or Amsterdam in economy.
Keep track of and manage your travel with one simple online tool
Smart companies need to stay in control of their travel budget and expenses with ease. That's why we've created the online Management Information Tool. You'll have access to custom reporting, as well a clear view of who is earning points where and when, to help your travel budget go further.